If you are looking to obtain a real estate license is Alabama, you must follow the guidelines written below.
1. Eligibility for Getting the Real Estate License in Alabama
Age: Must be 19 years of age or older to be licensed.
Residence: Must be a resident of U.S. or lawful permanent resident.
Character: Must show a good moral character
Academic Requirements: Must hold a high school diploma or its equivalent.
- Having successfully completed an approved 60-hour pre-licensing course from approved providers.
- Have not been rejected a real estate license in the past 2 years in another state.
2. Cost of Taking the Real Estate Exam in Alabama
The Examination fee is $73.
3. Taking the Real Estate Exam in Alabama
The Alabama Real Estate Commission employs Applied Measurement Professionals (AMP) to handle Alabama Real Estate Examination. Applicants must schedule an exam with AMP. Call them at 800-345-6559, or visit their website, www.goamp.com.
Applicants must pass both sections of a two-portion exam.
4. Obtaining the Real Estate License in Alabama
AMP will submit the passing marks to the Alabama Real Estate Commission. Applicants must submit a form with $235 fee, within 90 days of passing the examination to obtain a temporary Alabama Real Estate in Alabama.
In order to obtain a permanent license, applicants must complete a 30-hour post licensing course within 12 months of obtaining their temporary license.