For getting your real estate license in the State of Georgia, you must meet the following requirements set by Georgia Real Estate Commission.
1. Eligibility for Getting Your Real Estate License in Georgia
Age: Must be 18 years of age or older to be licensed.
Background check: Must obtain a satisfactory criminal history report from a local sheriff’s office or police department.
Pre-licensing educational requirements: Having successfully completed 75-hour pre-licensing education from an approved real estate school.
2. Cost of Taking the Real Estate Exam in Georgia
The examination fee is $97.
3. Taking the Real Estate Exam in Georgia
The Georgia Real Estate Commission employs Applied Measurement Professionals (AMP) to handle Georgia Real Estate Examination. Applicants must schedule an exam with AMP. Call them at 800-345-6559, or visit their website, www.goamp.com.
Applicants must answer 109 out of 152 questions correctly to pass the examination.
4. Obtaining the Real Estate License in Georgia
After successfully passing the examination, licenses will be issued to the applicants at AMP testing center locations the very same day. Applicants must have the following documents to be awarded a real estate license in Georgia:
- AMP score report
- A Sponsoring Broker Statement
- Criminal History Report
- Signed and notarized Lawful Presence Affidavit
- $170 license fee