To obtain the Real Estate License in Kansas, the applicants must meet the following requirements.
1. Eligibility for Getting the Real Estate License in Kansas
Age: Must be 18 years of age or older to be licensed.
Academic Requirements: Hold a high school diploma or its equivalent.
Pre-licensing requirements: Having successfully completed the 30-hour Principles of Real Estate and 30-hour Kansas Practice courses approved by the Commission for getting a real estate salesperson license in Kansas. Having successfully completed the 24-hour Broker’s Pre-License course approved by the Commission for getting a real estate broker license in Kansas.
2. Cost of Taking the Real Estate Exam in Kansas
The examination fee is $75.
3. Taking the Real Estate Exam in Kansas
The Kansas Real Estate Commission employs Pearson Vue to handle Kansas Real Estate Exams. Applicants must schedule their examination with Pearson Vue. Call them at 800-274-4971 or visit their website, www.pearsonvue.com.
To pass the exam, applicants must obtain at least 70% on each section of the two-part exam.
4. Obtaining the Real Estate License in Kansas
Upon successful completion of the examination, the testing center will issue a license application to the applicants. Applicants must complete the application and submit it to the Kansas Real Estate Commission along with the following requirements.
- Fingerprint card for background check, along with $64 fee
- Application signed by your sponsoring broker
- Original education completion certificate
- $15 application fee
- License fee