To obtain a Real Estate Broker Associate License in South Dakota, the applicants must meet the following requirements.
1. Eligibility for Getting the Real Estate License in South Dakota
Age: Must be 18 years of age or older to be licensed.
Residence: Must be a US citizen or South Dakota Resident
Pre-licensing educational requirements: Having successfully completed 116-hour real estate education requirement from a pre-approved real estate school.
Background check: Must obtain fingerprint cards from the South Dakota Real Estate Commission and have fingerprints taken by local law enforcement or fingerprint office.
2. Cost of Taking the Real Estate Exam in South Dakota
The Examination fee is $95.
3. Taking the Real Estate Exam in South Dakota
The South Dakota Real Estate Commission employs Applied Measurement Professionals (AMP) to handle South Dakota Real Estate Examination. Applicants must schedule an exam with AMP. Call them at 800-345-6559, or visit their website, www.goamp.com.
Applicants must pass all sections of the three-portion exam: State, National and Simulation.
4. Obtaining the Real Estate License in South Dakota
After successfully passing the three portions of the licensing examination, applicants have 60 days to submit their real estate license application to the South Dakota Real Estate Commission. At the time of their application, applicants must submit:
- Original score reports from AMP
- Original education completion certificate
- Fingerprints with $43.25 as a background check fee
- $225 as application fee